anyone getting birds at the lake

Hunted out by pottahawk got 9 was a long shoot sun up till about noon not a lot of action birds didnt want to come in had a wicked curret so the decs didnt face into the wind.still didnt see any great numbers like the old days

Attachments

• IMG_0937.JPG
    IMG_0937.JPG
    701.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0944.JPG
    IMG_0944.JPG
    550.6 KB · Views: 55
Hunted 35 last Saturday. Birds did not work well and I couldn't shoot straight so was a tough mix. Most birds peeling off to work into the bay to the south of 35. A few came too close and scratched down 3 by 1030. Then missed a bunch including 6 blues that decoyed well. Felt bad about that for a while and then went 3 for 2 on a flock of reds that could not have decoyed better so I have almost forgotten the box of shells I went through! Lots of Blacks around but birds are wary and aren't responding well to motion decoy or calls in my opinion. Ended up with 3 reds, 2 widgeon, and a gadwall. Saw a nice stringer of mallards and blacks from the inner marsh.

Will see tomorrow. I'm expecting a lot of shell shocked birds. Last time I was there, whoever was hunting #7 needs to learn the difference between 40 yds and 100yds. And they pounded 6 shots (well out of range) at the 100s of birds that got off the feed pond when Fred scared them up to go throw corn. But what else is new?

Been out every day this week.
Mon and tues were good. A few big rafts over the bay. Wed was slow and Thursday was slower.
A few red heads. Some bluebills. Lots of bufflehead and a few Ruddy.

All pass shooting no ducks decoyed at all.

Lots of Hunters. North west wind today and sunny.

I didn't hunt the unit this week so not sure how they did In there. But haven't heard a lot of shooting around the cottage this am yet.

Well didn't hunt at the lake tried afield near Brantford for some geese .Seen birds only had 4 commit and the did the big flare so we got 0..Maybe next tine :)

Did another field shoot instead of the lake got 25 mallards 1 gadwall and 1 goose.Lots of ducks around geese never came close till we were packing up then they flew right over us

We got a 5 man limit this weekend down at the lake, it was hot down there! Mallards, Redheads and a Buffy.

5 man limit.JPG

Well made it out to day seen lots of birds very wary got 4, 2 blacks lot of them around 1 mallard 1 wigeon ..do those boys at millionaires ever quit..just given er:) in there ice busters

We only got 5 yesterday but we saw thousands of ducks there's a pile of divers around the boys in the layout boats rocked,em it has been a great year and it ain't over yet cheers and happy hunting!!!!

There was some ice in the Unit marsh but the outer edges and main channels/ramps were good. It will be iced up for Sat but
should be huntable.

thanks wetfootwilly .made it out today broke 1/2in ice wasn't worth the effort no real ducks to be had calling it a season at the lake .was a beautiful morning out there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks