Pike/Muskie Oct 30

spilliard1

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Esox angler and I got out for some pike this afternoon. We got lines in by 3 and fished til 6:30. Trolling was the ticket today! We landed 13 pike and had several more on. We also landed 4 muskies!! 3 were very small 21"-24" however one was 28". A friend also boated a small muskie out there today too. That's 6 muskies I've seen caught in the last 3 weeks. Hopefully in a few years we will have a decent muskie fishery!! Our biggest pike was a 36" today!! Water was clear and 52F.
32"

36"

28" muskie

Wow! Great to see these skis in the Bay! Wonder what is behind this?

Last edited:
Way to go Jesse! I was out today as well for few hours - four pikes between 30 and 34 inches. Good to see you again Jesse! I wasn't sure it's you though... I circled around you when your friend got pike... Black 14-footer sea nymph.

Hey Stan. I didn't recognize you yesterday. Sorry about that! Glad to hear you got some pike. Its a lot of fun out there right now! Hey Stomp not sure what's going on but no complaints about muskies out on pike trips.

I wonder if there are more 'skis showing up in the hoop and seine nets these days? Or have they always been there?

Thanks for the report. Although my boat didn't get any musky in 2014 it was probably the best year in a long while for numbers reported. Often wonder how anglers would do if they actually targeted the fish. I have a friend with cottage in the Thousand Islands and although he's a dedicated pike, bass and walleye angler he has never caught a musky. He see's musky fishermen there every fall and they catch huge fish near his cottage annually but he has never caught one by accident himself in over 40 years.

@spilliard1 another great day for you guys and the extra bonus "ski's" Looks like you are in the channel. I have @stomp and another buddy coming down Sunday for a final run to the Bluffs. Maybe we might drag some lines on the way out there. Stomp do you think we can get lucky and grab a "ski" and end the fishing season with some bragging rights.

After this weekend, the big boat will be pulled:(:( and then its inner bay and the Lund.

Hey apps. We sure are, just not the big girls like down there. We will be down to LSC next week thurs fri for the full moon. Hope to get a few big girls. Might pm you before we go, see what you think about areas to start our hunt. Yeah Jim we were in the channel. Its real good out there right now. Weeds are dying off and the fish are biting. Haven't been to Bluffs in a month, no need to. Good luck out there sun!

Have heard rumours maybe Niagara strain Ski's? Expanding territory westward? Prime habitat.

I agree great to see the musky numbers increasing in the bay. Hopefully in a few years it save the drive to LSC. I'm heading out today for a last kick. My bro is coming out and never caught a musky, maybe he will get a lucky bonus! Stay warm gents.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks