hunting zones in Long Point

hardcore

I've asked a few friends that live and hunt in long point and port rowan and I've tried looking it up online, and still can't find a proper map that outlines who owns what in the area when it comes to the huntable marsh areas
does anyone have a map or know of a map of some sort that outlines the approx. borderlines of all the hunt clubs in the bay?, or one that outlines the "open to the general public" areas
I realize that if a shoreline is not posted, I cannot be charged(unless it is within town limits), but I would rather not get into that type of position
usually I hunt at the unit, but would like to try hunting once outside the unit for a change off pace on a off day
I know where the unit borders are, and b-zone borders are, but not so much on the rest of it
from what I have researched, I need to hunt within 300 meters from shore and need to be anchored
shoot me a PM if you know the answer
thanks

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you've got any info yet, but here's what I know if it helps.

The marsh to the north of big creek is open right up to the north Shore. Turkey point has posted no hunting zones where you need to stay away from.

To the east where the unit ends past blind 4 has a couple bays to hunt - little rice and big rice (these are probably shown on Google maps). Past big rice is millionaires and this is well posted. If you manage to miss a sign, don't worry, someone will be out there to show you out before you get your decoys setup.

Past millionaires has open spots too, but I'm not to sure about the exact locations. However, I wouldn't recommend going out to far past little or big rice without a decent size boat (even those areas can be scary with a little wind).

There's stories every year about guys getting rescued past the unit so you always gotta be extremely careful.

There's probably a lot that can be added and maybe some others can provide some input.

Last edited:
You are just a little off on that 300 meters thing. You can be NO FURTHER than 300 meters from a shoreline/ weedbed .
Hunted blind 33 on Saturday and there was a guy set up in the middle of the Bay between #33 and Port Rowan . He had to be illegal and left by 11:00 am but did have some shooting and of course no CO's around when you need them.

Sorry, didn't word it quite right
My fault
You are correct, within 300 meters!
Thanks for all the info guys, next time I see a C.O I'm going to have to corner him and ask a lot of questions Too I think

Hello Hardcore & Sonnyuphi,

Well ... actually it is within 300 meters from a shoreline or "emergent vegetation" since a "submerged weedbed" is not valid.

Sorry "sonnyuphi" but I have been described as a "detail man" in Federal Court by two (2) witnesses when I was testifying against a Federal Agency.

I should keep up my "hard won" reputation (lol).

Jerome

Hello Hardcore,

I outlined the entire area last year in a post but I cannot remember the name of the thread.

Phone me (519-586-9825) one evening before you come down and I can go over the area with you.

Duck Tales has provided a good summary above.

Jerome

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks