Camo Day - Saturday, September 13th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Attached is a copy of the cover page of our Newsletter including Camo Day information.

Hello Duck Soup,

I have four (4) unused 2"x3"x8' wood studs that the LPWA can have for camo day if they can be of any use in blind repair or as sign posts.

Let me know and I can either drop them off at the park or you can have someone pick them up at my house.

Jerome

What does a guy need to bring to camo day besides his boat and boots?
You'll need some tools to camouflage a blind. Wire cutters are often needed if there is wire netting on the blind or you are using wire netting. They are also handy for cutting cable ties. If you are using burlap, tools to cut it are necessary and a stapler makes it fast and easy to put on. If you are using phragmites or cattails secateurs or garden cutters are handy. Even if you use corn stalks that are supplied, tools like a knife are needed. I always bring a package or 2 of dollar store cable ties. They are cheap and very handy. Fred usually hands out some but high end cable ties but the white dollar store variety are great and for a buck a package of about 50 you don't have to budget their use. Anything you have like wire, some string, a few nails, a hammer etc. can come in handy. I usually throw anything I might need into a tool bag and if I don't use it, so what. Hope this helps.

It sures does.
Can you cut cattails there?
Technically we are not supposed to cut anything without an environmental assessment but with trillions of cattails nobody will ever care so long as we don't cut them right around a blind. Even with assessments we usually get permits to create open marsh habitat almost anywhere we have phragmites or cattails.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks