deer ticks

I spend a lot of time basically along the lakeshore from TP to Walsingham and they have been particularly bad this year. The worst I've seen then was camping at Rondeau a few years ago. We had 2 Springers and the dogs, kids and us had them all over us, freaky! TC

MY buddy had a tick on him last week he was telling
me it didn't look like the wood tick he said it had orange
on it so he looked it up it was a deer tick he was happy it wasn't
attached to him

My two year old daughter had a deer tick attached on her ear. I removed it and took it and my daughter to simcoe public health beHind Pizza Hut. They sent it away to be tested. I received several follow up calls and was informed that the tick needs to be attached for 24 hours before there is a risk for Lyme disease. Anyways they called back 5 months later and no Lyme disease present. However all the follow up calls while we were waiting put our minds at ease.

i'm glad to here that things wen't well for you thank god for the follow up calls not knowing any thing for 5 months
that would drive me crazy

I know of individuals who have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease after being at Long Point.
Best not to take chances and be sure to take all reasonable precautions.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks