GETTING CLOSE

Gunner_1

The anticipation getting to be to much 22 more days
still cold it's going to be interesting to see how the toms
react this year they are strutting but the toms i'm seeing
have a lot of hens with them.(y)

Last edited:
I am finally starting to see tracks and birds in the fields and bush where there hasn't been a bird in months! Hopefully in 3 weeks at this exact time I will be cleaning up a nice big Tom!

Took the garbage out to the road this morning, I could hear the big boys gobbling like crazy in the bush behind my house...its going to be a week of restless nights until next Friday! T-minus 7 days....

i found i hard to find birds this spring found some but last night i was out at my dad
and he has a small bush behind his house and about 8:00pm i could here
3 turkeys gobble back there i mean this bush is so small it seems to only
hold squirrels and at about 500 yrd away you can still see right through it
they might be just passing through hope they hang around for a bit if they do
there's only one thing i can say about that GAME ON

I agree with the birds being hard to find this spring, I think they just broke up out of the big flocks last week and started wandering, because they haven't been behind my house all winter and this week was the first time I heard them...I'm guessing if there is hens in your bush, them big boys will stick around, Good luck, I hope to see some photos on here next weekend!

Agreed, now that they have broken up I've been seeing fewer. But they're out there, couple of days left. Good luck.

ya the birds are broken up know seeing more toms with hens now but still
seem spotty i'm seeing all long beards haven't seen any jakes i mean it's the long beards
i like to target but where are the jakes they are good back up birds but i'm not
seeing them

I had consistent turkey pics on my trail cams last week. Nothing on there for the past week now. Hoping they are still there but in different parts of the field or bush and can draw them out with decoys and calling.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks