Sitting on gold

Extra Virgin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Damn near :poop: my pants at the price of "politically correct, species neutral" named fish for sale @ Costco today. I did fill up the tank for 91.9L and drove one of those dirty 1.99 hot dogs into me, which I am still having buyers remorse :grumpy:

IMG_20181209_1103213.jpgIMG_20181209_1103248.jpg

If you figure your boat costs, insurance, fuel, launch fee that $ 13.61 / lb is a friggin Bargooon.
And you don't have to clean it!!! BONUS.

bd
While you are right!!!! ....your on the wrong forum to swing that way !!! Because if there is something we do well here ...its spend money on fishing , fishing gear etc.....I once figured ice fishing for perch cost me around $275.00 per pound..consider yourself lucky..

Have been buying fresh perch here in Ingersoll for the past few months. $10 to $14 bucks gets us a big supper feed and my breakfast? Can't pull the boat out of the lane way for that.
BUT, that said, doesn't come close to pulling up a double jumbo and accidentally banging your fishing buddy in the back, because of the weight.

Cost of Wild Walleye @ Costco - $13.61 / lb.

Cost of boat, insurance, fuel, gear - ARM & a LEG!

Cost of time out with family or friends on the lake fishing - regardless of whether or not you catch fish - PRICELESS!

I will take my boat out any chance I can, pay what I need to, and be gratefull for the experience. Just saying!

Ok number one its not fresh fish it takes awhile for that fish to even hit the market and to keep it looking fresh it has to go into somekind of brine mix to keep it fresh .fresh to me is when i cook it the day i catch it THATS FRESH i have all kinds off walleye in my freezer that taste great but its not fresh lol

no frills yesterday in Hamilton
ELwaXCp.jpg

Damn near :poop: my pants at the price of "politically correct, species neutral" named fish for sale @ Costco today. I did fill up the tank for 91.9L and drove one of those dirty 1.99 hot dogs into me, which I am still having buyers remorse :grumpy:

View attachment 11765View attachment 11766
Thank goodness for a freezer @Extra Virgin,and I still have a little supply of walleye’s left that I caught from my boat,from this past season on Lake Erie ??.

Last edited:
That is a good price per lb but by the time you fillet it & ditch the skeleton, head, and tail you will lose close to 50% making it right around $14/lb which is the same price as the fillets anyway.
Very true @G.Mech ? I will just stay here,(London),instead of making the drive to Hamilton.I will just wait to catch the walleye’s again out of my boat next year on Lake Erie. ? ????

I am already looking forward to another great walleye season on Lake Erie in 2019,just like I had in 2018,(photo’s). ?????

Attachments

• 9D02C7FE-7000-44E9-83A7-24C736A99204.jpeg
    9D02C7FE-7000-44E9-83A7-24C736A99204.jpeg
    278 KB · Views: 16
  • 7B2E77EA-2C0E-45FF-9598-34272DCB5D1F.jpeg
    7B2E77EA-2C0E-45FF-9598-34272DCB5D1F.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks