Don't want to get in the hunters way

Ken

looking to flip for Large Mouth Bass tomorrow, can someone post hunting areas so I don't go there....

Easier to tell you where to fish..... like out by EC10 ? Pretty much the whole of the Inner Bay shoreline is a hunting zone. Especially on a Saturday and more so because guys are squeezing in a duck hunt before the deer hunt that starts on Monday. I would suggest stopping by the Long Point WMU at the Provincial Park and get a copy of the map showing where the blinds are or maybe the Long Point Waterfowlers Assoc. website to print one out.
Otherwise stay in the channels with cottages on them and you should be safe.

Hello OCLP,

Good advice as I have often seen "idiots" out fishing in Zone B on a Saturday ... a great way ro ruin someone's hunt ... stay out of Zone A and Zone B on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

Jerome

I think that is a bit unfair, the bay is for everyone to enjoy and guys who fish have as much right to enjoy the bay as the guys hunting it. Guys who flip typically will not be out until the sun is higher in the day and work the edge of cover fairly quickly. If you see a Bass guy approaching you let him know you are there and they typically will get on the trolling motor and out of your way.

Hello Bandwagon,

The bay is for everyone and the anglers have it on Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays during the hunting season as well as seven days a week the rest of the year.

Please consider that waterfowl hunters pay $20.00 per day (each) to rent a blind or stake in Zone A as well as in Zone B and there is a safety issue to consider as the shot can "carry" quite a distance with the wind.

Anglers who think that they are providing a "buffer" to waterfowl hunters may not realize that their "buffer" is probably inadequate for the most part.

Jerome

I am well aware Jermore as I am a waterfowler as well but its one of the challenges for hunters when hunting public land and water. I share the bay with jet skiers, wake boarders and pleasure boaters all summer as well as other anglers.

As windy and nasty it’s been this fall I’m pretty the guys fishing aren’t interfering with the duck hunters to much. Guys that are out this time of year fishing I’m sure are well aware of the duck hunters and respectfully keep their distance.

TS, if I want to use public turf, water, that we all pay for? I will? Sorry if it doesn't line up with your Tues, Thur's, Sunday schedule that you say I'm allowed.
When you group fishermen in hunting zone B on a Sat as " idiots" really?
The leaves change, now I have to go by your rules?
Sorry if you pay $20 per blind, we pay the same to launch all summer?
I'm not going out to fish LP in Nov, but I;m sure as hell not checking for your OK first.

Guys, guys, guys ! I think calling them " uninformed" would've been a better choice. We all love to fish and hunt Long Point Bay but the OP was about where to fish so as not to bother any hunters.
I like the fact Ken asked ; shows class. So bottom line is he doesn't want to p o anyone and probably doesn't want a stray pellet in the eye either.
Technically if you interfere in a guys duck hunt you can be charged and now that everyone has a camera in their phone evidence is a click away.

Guys, guys, guys ! I think calling them " uninformed" would've been a better choice. We all love to fish and hunt Long Point Bay but the OP was about where to fish so as not to bother any hunters.
I like the fact Ken asked ; shows class. So bottom line is he doesn't want to p o anyone and probably doesn't want a stray pellet in the eye either.
Technically if you interfere in a guys duck hunt you can be charged and now that everyone has a camera in their phone evidence is a click away.
Ooooooopsie ! double posted

Last edited:
Hello OCLP,

Good advice as I have often seen "idiots" out fishing in Zone B on a Saturday ... a great way ro ruin someone's hunt ... stay out of Zone A and Zone B on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

Jerome

If you want your own personal hunting area you'll need to buy some property or get permission on private property. Until then, be prepared to share public water with the public.

I've had many deer hunts get screwed up on public land by other people using the land with the most recent occurrence being a missed opportunity on a nice buck that was heading right towards me before he got spooked by hikers. Not once did complaining, yelling or calling CO's over an "interfered hunt" cross my mind as we all have equal rights to the land.

I’m sure the hikers stumbled up not knowing what was going on.... it’s just common sense if your fishing and see a decoy spread stay well out of the way, as old cut hunter stated it is a chargeable offence to interfere with a hunt. Just the way it is. Happy fishing and hunting and stay safe..

Okee Dokee ! Before everyones knickers are bunched up let's all go read the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act section 13.1

It includes hunters and fishermen {and trappers} by the way.

So..... yes guys are fishing public waters but if they enter a WMU where there is controlled public hunting taking place [such as A and B Zone ] and of course signs posted as such and they knowingly interfere in a hunt ……….. ? I would like to think the fisherman to be a gentleman and say "Oooops Sorry" and bugger off. It should not get to a point where a Conservation Officer has to enlighten the mind of an "uninformed".

Hello Guys,

In my defence I hunted at Presqu'ile Provincial Park from 1978 to 2003 inclusive and the park staff posted signs stating that there was a controlled waterfowl hunt on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays ... "Entry Prohibited" ... the birders knew to stay out.

Furthermore there were similar signs posted at the Long Point Waterfowl Management Unit at the access points to walk out blinds 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 42 from 1978 to 1986 inclusive as well as from 2004 until fairly recently ... not sure if they are still deployed there.

Finally I agree that I should not have used the term "idiots" to describe those individuals ... sorry about that.

Jerome

TS, your showing your age by quoting what happened in the 70's and 80's, I also respect that coming from the same era? All I meant was public space is just that, and I should have not worded my post so forcefully.
Good luck hunting

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks