Fishing Report elbow Lpb.

We pounded the lakers on Friday night as well. Lots of fun. Hopefully the walleye show up in big numbers soon.

Wow! I guess the OMNRF stocking program for Lake Trout is actually working. They have been stocking over 50,000 annually in the Elbow area for several years now and the program is scheduled to continue for a few more years.

The Atlantic doesn't surprise me at all. Michigan is stocking a pile of Atlantics in southern Huron the past several years, they are known to wander alot! They get lots in the St. Clair River all winter, heard of a few in the Detroit and Western Erie this past winter/spring...

Josh

I recall reading a Great Lakes angler magazine article a couple yrs ago. It spoke of chinooks being stocked and tagged in HURON,a bunch of these fish were caught and tags reported...in LAKE ONTARIO. So the fish definitely do wander between the lakes. Look at the lamprey spreading to the upper lakes after the welland canal opened. Makes me wonder if the lakers are all from the MNRs Erie stocking or if some are also coming to Erie from Ontario...,the south shore of Lake Ontario is a Lake trout hot spot after all.

can there be keep or most there be put back in does say in the reg's about lake erie

The MNR is aware of the change required in the regs ;) There should be harvest allowed with the next revision.

Josh

The Atlantic doesn't surprise me at all. Michigan is stocking a pile of Atlantics in southern Huron the past several years, they are known to wander alot! They get lots in the St. Clair River all winter, heard of a few in the Detroit and Western Erie this past winter/spring...

Josh
yes a good number in stclair river this spring josh.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks