rebates and discounts

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
If your looking to purchase new firearms and ammo and hunting/outdoor equipment, I encourage you to look at the manufacturers of these products online with rebate offers that will save you money. I saved on recent optics like new binnoculars and range finder and spotting scope last fall. I am now shopping for a highend LR rifle scope to mount on my new custom rifle delivery Sept. 1. I see there are new rebates available. The rebates are mail in and you receive a cheque in the mail weeks later. Winchester rebated ammo purchases too. It all adds up and some in U.S. dollars.

If your looking to purchase new firearms and ammo and hunting/outdoor equipment, I encourage you to look at the manufacturers of these products online with rebate offers that will save you money. I saved on recent optics like new binnoculars and range finder and spotting scope last fall. I am now shopping for a highend LR rifle scope to mount on my new custom rifle delivery Sept. 1. I see there are new rebates available. The rebates are mail in and you receive a cheque in the mail weeks later. Winchester rebated ammo purchases too. It all adds up and some in U.S. dollars.
Been trying to take advantage of the current Bushnell rebate myself Mick . What I am finding is , since some dealers that don't carry what I want , which are rim fire scopes and not just a $30 -50 ones but $150 plus models , try to push me into the hunting rifle models . I did "SOME" research and even contacted Bushnell Canada to get some techy info on what's out there for rimfires and came up with a couple choices , along with models from Nikon , Leopold , Vortex , Sightron , Barska and even one from Simmons (which I thought I'd never say ) . Thing is trying to find dealers that have them in stock . Things are just geared more to scopes for center fire guns . I went out and did some window shopping Sunday to one dealer and a Crappy tire which were the only two choices locally available . I still can't figure out why some people put the big scopes on . I tried a Vortex Diamondback , Bushnell trophy XT or XLT (whatever it's called ) and a Banner 4x12 with front parallax adjustment , Nikon Prostaff 3x9 -40 (as most scopes I tried were ) . Couldn't find any .22LR or .22 Mag. specific scopes to try . Anyway .... The whole point here is (and in no way do I profess to be Knowledgeable in scopes ) I just don't get why some dealers or hunters tell you to put a centerfire scope on a rimfire . I saw a little more brightness going from 35 mm to 40 , variation in clarity between some of the 3x9's . I think there was a bit of focus improvement using the parallax on the banner . But all I could figure before sending the boy about 70 yards or so down to the end of the building , holding a coin in his fingers was that , I was maybe going to be able to clearly see the face of that coin , like maybe being able to see the eyeball of a squirrel fill my cross hairs at the same distance or more . And that didn't happen , so somebody please , in simple terms , tell me what advantage there is to putting one of those scopes on a rim fire regardless of caliber . Oh and where there is a wide selection of scopes to try . I am going to Eli's tomorrow to see what they have . Called Bass pro and they hardly have any Nikons and no Bushenells , Cabelas is a bit of a jaunt , Triggers has nothing . Checked Goble's and Guns and gadgets , which leaves me with contacting Sail to see if they have more in stock than what is listed on line . Oh and rechecking fishing world . Mick ... What about that place out past St .Thomas . The name escapes me , but i think the town is along the #3 hwy. heading west . If you know it , have you dealt there and do they have a web site address .

Last edited:
Check out Tillsonburg Gun Shop as well.
Been there once already Randy . I haven't left you out . You were our first choice . I think I also called maybe last week . Maybe there Fri. night if I don't get distracted with other things . Just couldn't remember what we looked at . Now that I followed up on your messages , you should know pretty much what im looking for . My eye seems to like the 40 mm over the smaller lenses .

Hey Magnum....guns and gadgets in aylmer is a small gun shop with limited choices and inventory..gobles firearms in london has a good selection with a premium price ...If you want call them and have a chat on what your looking for...most important is.. if your .22 calibre rifle is drilled and tapped for a scope and has close to moa accuracy then i would look at putting on a scope to fit. Maybe the size of a crossbow scope with higher power?...I used the small banner dawn & dusk scopes on my muzzleloaders and they worked for deer huntin...Look at the length and weight and power of the scope and choice of recticle...I like the plain thin hair recticle..
probably you can find a scope purchase on Amazon.com once you know what you want...don't forget a base and rings. I would get them physically at a gun shop...most likely a weaver style base...my first choice/attempt would be the one piece talley rings... after you have selected your scope you have to get the right height with ring selection...you mount your scope objective as close to the top of the rifle barrel as possible... remember you have to allow a little room to install and slide on a scope cover (maybe a butler creek cover) shoulder your rifle for eye relief so you have full field of view..use loc tite on the fastners and tighten evenly...use a bore sighter to ball park it...or try to hit paper at 5o yards and go from there...once you get there.. I will add a bit more...lol

Last edited:
Hit that pretty much right on the head Mick . Called Gobles and am doing some email tag right now , Have already been to Guns and Gadgets , but have found wider selections elsewhere . Contacted both Bass pro and Cabelas . Also limited with no bushnells . Got a message from one of the guys I deal with at the Tburg gun shop and picked up one scope they held for me . Just trying to find another I want yet , as I need 2 . Did a mock set up on my Anschutz and found depending on scope selection , I may need taller rings . Was in contact with a techie at Bushnell Canada , who has been very helpful in clarifying a few things and is in the process of finishing that off . I will pretty much know whether or not I am buying a bushnell scope by tomorrow this time . I do have other possibilities with other brands , but am trying to take advantage of the Bushnell deal . If I don't buy their scope , I have also looked at a bino and have to also check back on the first strike red dot I also considered (just not for my rifle lol ). Amazon has some good deals (even better when you type in .com , not .ca .... ooops ) but I am not sure how a dealer or say Bushnell would handle the warranty if needed . Thought it might be better to buy from a reputable dealer . Ya scope set ups ..... ya ... hmmm . Touchy topic . Have had shops set up most of my guns as I feel it is the least they can do (for free I might add ) , when I buy ammo , a gun or 2 LOL ,optics , supplies etc. and refer a lot of people in their direction . And I try to sway them away from less desireables (which is another topic for another day ) . Like they say though " one mans garbage is another mans treasure " . And yet there are still dealers that charge for pretty much everything . Wish I could charge them a tax for every time I hear crap from them or have to wait for some who prefer spending more time gabbing with their club buddies than taking care of paying customers . I have no problem waiting for service what so ever as I usually go to the shop when I have time . And I admit sometimes , like the weekend I take up a lot of their time and don't always buy right away . But when the guy knows you are there and doesn't care then BEWARE MONFRARE as this could and has gotten ugly before . Anyway ! Funny ... was just thinking about scope covers before I started this novel . Good point Mick ! Scope covers . Need scope covers .

ya magnum bushnell is a household name...they offer good value and decent quality...I mounted a bushnell elite 3 by 9 scope on my huntin rifle on day 1 and it keeps getting the shooting job done..I also bought new 10 power binos last fall and they work too.

I come back on here and wanna say that the owner Neil of guns and gadgets in Aylmer is a hands on firearm knowledgeable and trys to accomadate what you need and fix whats wrong too. When it comes to ammo and other firearm supplies he is the first shop I call to see what he has on the shelf and he can order merchandise from his suppliers. He also has a good inventory of new and used firearms with competitive pricing. I do encourage to call him and he will do his best to help you out. I am sure others would agree.

ya magnum bushnell is a household name...they offer good value and decent quality...I mounted a bushnell elite 3 by 9 scope on my huntin rifle on day 1 and it keeps getting the shooting job done..I also bought new 10 power binos last fall and they work too.

I come back on here and wanna say that the owner Neil of guns and gadgets in Aylmer is a hands on firearm knowledgeable and trys to accomadate what you need and fix whats wrong too. When it comes to ammo and other firearm supplies he is the first shop I call to see what he has on the shelf and he can order merchandise from his suppliers. He also has a good inventory of new and used firearms with competitive pricing. I do encourage to call him and he will do his best to help you out. I am sure others would agree.
I've worked with him on a couple things before . Your right . Both helpful and knowledgeable .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks