Simcoe Saturday Jan 14th Perch Fest

Soory guys forgot to put in the actual description of the day. Also sorry for the double picture. First time uploading photos on here. We fished in 10 feet of water about mile and a half out from Gilford road on Simcoe. Used Slab Grabbers all day . Wicked lure going to try them on the lake this year for perch. Simcoe is on fire this year with a lot of bigger fish than i have ever caught out there before. Hopefully the ice holds until the weekend. Going to repeat. Go get them boys and girls

Hey Fish Farmer. How did you make out today? Were hoping to get up tomorrow ice permitting
Ron
Buddy and myself went out off Bolster yesterday, Wednesday, Ice had lots of water on top. we each caught about 25 nice keeper Perch 19 FOW no big jumbos.
My buddy used minnows and I used a Slab grabber in one hole and a Williams spoon jigging in the other to attacked them.
We caught quite a few dinks we let go. I must say, the fish I caught were bigger.
Have to admit, we fished all day 7 hours.
With these warm temps, I don't know how long were going to have safe ice, ice we had under us was at least 12", 2" of white.
Be safe my friend. good luck.
Check your PM

Last edited:
Buddy and myself went out off Bolster yesterday, Wednesday, Ice had lots of water on top. we each caught about 25 nice keeper Perch 19 FOW no big jumbos.
My buddy used minnows and I used a Slab grabber in one hole and a Williams spoon jigging in the other to attacked them.
We caught quite a few dinks we let go. I must say, the fish I caught were bigger.
Have to admit, we fished all day 7 hours.
With these warm temps, I don't know how long were going to have safe ice, ice we had under us was at least 12", 2" of white.
Be safe my friend. good luck.
Check your PM
Good for you, and thanks for the report. We ended going to Lefroy today with about the same results your reporting. The ice there was about 7", but was breaking up in a few spots tight to shore. It was great to get out, and a bonus to get a couple meals of perch.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks