DEER RUBS AND SCRAPES

blackdog

Thought I would post this....what have you guys been seeing?? I found abit of a scrape the other day and looked harder and found a fresh rub..not much.....

Went for a walk through the woods today and found a few of both, one rub was really fresh!!. Pre-rut maybe?? Haven't seen any bucks chasing does yet but I'm sure that won't be too far off

I found a bunch of fresh scrapes a couple of weeks ago but they have since dried up. Still lots of deer on the camera, just not working the scrapes. They will probably refresh them after the rain we had. TC

Fawns are still wit the does.seen a small buck standing on his two back legs rubbing some branches then he run don't no why never seen anything after that

went to stand last nite...both scrapes I saw had been worked up hard........saw doe but shot wasnt the best ...another time.....game on..thks for the replies

those early scrapes are just teaser ones for us, they usually dry up really quick. I've seen them as early as late august. I would say scrapes that are being used now are good ones to watch. I would say that the rut is a week to 10 days away yet. Doesn't hurt to do some calling and rattling(light) now as the bucks will start to respond.

I found 8 scrapes along a winter rye field edge last night, all within in a 100yds, they weren't big scrapes, so i'm thinking its a couple 1.5 yr olds working them, but its a good sign things are heating up!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks