Proper maintenance...or lack of.

i use shell v power high test has no ethanol its written right on the pump and stabilizer.still had to spend 1500$ last month on 2008 mercury 115 four stroke fuel delivery pumps youll never meet any body how does higher maintenance on anything than i do .shit happens.

So then can I add both to my fuel at the same time?
Yes you can however, it may be an expensive tank of fuel. I generally treat one tank with K-100, run her half down then top up with fresh premium nu-treated. Run her to near empty then fill the third tank and add full treatment. I would run Sea Foam through every third or fourth tank. This process worked well on all my applications.

I have used sea foam for about 6 yrs as a gas stabilizer and injector cleaner ,earlier post said it doesn't stabilized I went and looked at can that I have and it reads when added to gas cleans fuel injectors , carb jets do to deposit build up, controls moister in fuels ,conditions diesel fuel , de ice and anti gel ,lubes upper cylinders, stabilize fuels . I add it every second fill and to the last fill for the winter storage ,I store my boat from first week in September till first week of June not saying it's the best product out there but so far it's worked for me

In addition to shell v-power... Canadian tire 91, Costco 91, and ultramar 91 are also ethanol free.

What about my chev Silverado? Should i thr0w k100 thru that too?thanks for your info!

Depends what year truck you have. newer ones are designed for the 10% ethanol.

Ps, I have access to an ethanol content tester at work. most of the fuel samples i have taken contain 0% The gas pumps clearly state "may contain up to 10%"

upload_2016-8-25_15-27-16.png IDK, third bullet says fuel stabilizer, last bullet point claims deicing. Deicing is usually accomplished by absorbing water. I find all of these products confusing, if you search for them you will find just as many proponents as opponents???? Just my 2 cents.

What about my chev Silverado? Should i thr0w k100 thru that too?thanks for your info!
FF
If you store your vehicle for a length of time or suspect a water issue with your fuel, then yes , use K-100. It is a fuel stabilizer and water remover, it is not an upper cyl. cleaner, lubricant, injector cleaner etc. like sea foam... two completely different products.

Depends what year truck you have. newer ones are designed for the 10% ethanol.

Ps, I have access to an ethanol content tester at work. most of the fuel samples i have taken contain 0% The gas pumps clearly state "may contain up to 10%"

I have one too and have confirmed what I was told by the local fuel distributor. He assures me that if the fuel comes from the Nanticoke Imperial refinery, it has no ethanol, even the regular. He also told me that the Nanticoke refinery supplies many local stations (including competitors) not just Esso. I asked my local stations where their fuel comes from and tested the ones that said Nanticoke. Guess what, NO ETHANOL!!

Last edited:
By law the gas pump will say if the gasoline has ethanol...I use shell fuel in all my gasoline engines! and when I go on trips and can't find a shell station I will fill my tank at Esso. I would never use additives to my gas tanks unless its absoulutley neccesary. Years ago I used sparingly the gasline antifreeze in my one snowmobile. I remember having a moisture problem one season with my 115 merc OB..I had to use compressed air to blow the water pellets out of the jets on my 3 carbs...After that clean out I never had a problem. I do use a fuel stabilizer for my quad gas tank for storage only. Its good to keep your built in fuel tanks full to avoid a very slight possiblity of moisture forming. Making sure you are doing your regular maintenance with all your engines is just common sense.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks